FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 11:15 PM   #35
WebSlave
Connie has been feeling pretty good all day today. I think her surgery is healing up pretty well. But she is developing a little cough again, and we are both fearful that it might mean fluid building up around her right lung again. It is not a complicated procedure to drain it, but still, who wants to have a needle jabbed into their back any more than absolutely necessary? So we shall see. I am just hoping we won't be doing a run to the Emergency Room this weekend if the cough gets worse and she has trouble catching her breath.

Seemed like fairly smooth sailing today, and we both decided to take a nap in the afternoon. Nights are still broken up by my having to help her out of the recliner so she can pee, and last night the cycle was around 1.5 to 2 hours.

So during the nap I hear my cell phone ringing. I guess I forgot to turn it off after running out to get propane tanks filled to keep the mosquito magnets running to capture as many yellow flies as possible. Anyway, I got up to check it and it was from one of my credit card companies wanting me to verify a charge on my card. $4,300.00 charge to Home Depot. WHAT??? Also sent me a text, and then an email, then the home phone landline began ringing. Anyway, someone apparently got that credit card number from somewhere and got overly ambitious with the charge they wanted to make. It was declined right away, and as soon as I stated I knew nothing about that charge, the card got cancelled. Now this is the card we usually use for home personal purchases, so we have been using it a lot to get supplies and support materials for Connie. They can't get another card to us for around 5 business days, so this puts a crimp in things. Yeah, we have other credit cards, but we try to keep things organized by what charges are made on what cards. For instance, I know my one card is ALWAYS just used for business related expenses. But I guess that is going to have to change temporarily.

I seriously hope that before I die I get to meet one of the people who do this sort of thing in a dark alley somewhere, with no witnesses. I don't need any sort of weapon, I will just chew his throat out like some sort of wild animal. Just kidding. Well, no, in the frame of mind I am in now, no I am not.

Seems we can't have even one day without some BS screwing it up for us. Of course, with the yellow flies, there are not going to be ANY days for a while that will seem like "nice" days where we can go outside and just have a nice walk.