FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #101
WebSlave
The discussion forums here on this site have never really done well. I'm not holding my breath thinking that they ever will at this late date. I have tried to put in specific moderators to try to put some life in the discussion forums, which did not pan out well. So I'm just not losing sleep over that failure.

Over the years I have eliminated some forums, and merged others to cut out the unused ones and stop wasting screen real estate. That will likely continue, and perhaps so much that eventually all of the snake and lizard related general discussion forums will be combined into only two forums, one each for snakes and lizards. And perhaps even those will eventually be combined to just be a general reptile discussion forum. Depends on whether some forums are earning their keep either with traffic or sponsors.

I will try to adapt this site to make sense based on what traffic dictates. Obviously, all forums here are subject to a USE IT or LOSE IT rule. Up to, and including, the entire site itself. Maybe FaceBorg will take over the internet and make all other sites a thing of the past. If that proves to be what people what, who am I to argue and fight against the tide? But it's just not for me. Personally the structure of FaceBorg makes my skin crawl, so I doubt I will ever surrender and hook up the electrodes myself.

So in a nutshell, this site is going to be what the users make it. We, as admin and moderators, will only have a limited influence over that. Or if I am just wrong about this, and I am making some dramatic mistakes, then let me know. Lord knows I've made mistakes in the past here.