FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - R.I.P Chuck Kimmel (critical bill) :(
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #56
Herpster
I don't know what to say....I have read through all of these pages, I have to admit - alot I couldn't really read because of the tears in my eyes. The picture of "Vince" was the best - made me laugh, which I didn't think was possible right now. Also, some of his quotes, they were wonderful, as was he!

Rich, please don't be mad at me for saying this - I know the only thing that would have made him happier about this place was to have Wes back. I know a lot of people will not know what I am talking about, but he truly admired and cared about Wes. I know that Wes was a "thorn in your side" - but for Charles to admire someone so much says alot to me. I just couldn't live with myself if I didn't say his name and say how much he meant to Charles. Rich, he understood everything you have ever done and had such an incredible amount of respect of you and what you try to accomplish with this place everyday.

I just got home from the funeral home and made his final arrangements. We are going to have a one day service for 3 hours because Charles' wish was to be cremated and did not want to be "laid out". He didn't want anyone going through that grief for 3 days...that is just how he was.

My husband hated seeing anyone get the "shaft" and that is what drove him to do what he has done here for so many years. He always had a way of seeing through people, or seeing through their typing. He could catch a lie in a second, trust me!!!

This place meant a great deal to him and I hope that it thrives and continues for many years to come.