FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Break-in at Tom's Crutchfield's Reptile Farm
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
Sounds like some bad news people wandering around in the south Florida area.

I can't believe Tom didn't have security cameras installed in his facility. There are a lot of good DIY units available that would have caught them all in recordings that could have been used to identify and prosecute the culprits. He apparently has a lot of high value animals there.

Seriously, I recommend everyone who believes they might have a need for such devices to get a security camera setup. The make wireless units that are real easy to set up and very inexpensive. All of them record the video, usually to an internal hard drive, and many can send directly to your smart phone and/or record to a server on the internet, and/or send pics to your email address so even if the unit is stolen, there will still be a video/photo record available of who did the deed. So a word to the wise, IMHO.

I doubt whoever has done this thing are going to stop unless they are forcibly stopped. Criminal activity and be like an addictive drug to susceptible individuals.