FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 01:55 PM   #11
WebSlave
I just feel like a little weenie. Feel weak. Walking across the yard gets me winded.

Still got a bit of a cough from the irritation caused by that acid reflux episode, but I guess it is getting better. When Connie and I were in the emergency room yesterday, people were moving away from us like we were lepers. Oh well.. Can't blame them. I would have done the same thing.

A friend came by, heck, was it Friday or Saturday? I don't have a clue. Anyway, he brought some fresh tomatoes out of his garden for Connie. While he was here he asked me if there is anything he can do to help. Well, I sure wanted to get that mailbox installed that I started the day before my heart attack. What was left wasn't hard, but I just don't have the stamina to do even light stuff, it seems. We just had to put the plastic sleeve base over top of the 4x4 post, bolt it to the post, then mount the actual mailbox on top of it by just snapping it into place. I don't know why that seemed such a high mountain for me to have to climb.

But we got it done, and it looks pretty good. Maybe a little bit more wobbly than I would like it to be, but maybe I can figure out a way to fix that when I get to being more my old self. Lord, I HOPE I will become my old self. This being an old feeble man is for the birds!

Now, what is going to be interesting is that I have a 135 lb crate due to show up tomorrow via UPS. This was ordered before Connie's cancer was diagnosed, and certainly before my problem burst onto the scene. I have to run Connie to the hospital for her lung draining, so I hope I get back before UPS arrives so I can get the driver to put it on a wagon and I can just drag that into the garage until my muscles grow back and I can deal with it.

Being old wasn't too bad when I didn't FEEL old.