FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Emergency bearded help!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #7
lovemyinknsteel
Do you actually know how old these are? I work in reptile rescue and have primarily worked with beardies for 5 years now. Out of the babies we've had come in, most of them have gone at least 3 mos before showing symptoms of MBD whatsoever. That was with nothing but mealworms for food, no supplements, and no UVB whatsoever. The first symptoms that were obvious were the lack of growth, and impaction, which also turned out to be due to too low of temperatures. I'm sure it does happen to some really young dragons earlier, but I've never seen or even heard about a dragon under 3 mos going into seizures from MBD. The symptoms sound suspiciously like impaction (the way the mouth is gaping like they are trying to throw up???), seizures are easily caused by dehydration, and then you've got adeno and corona to address which can have all of those symptoms plus some. CheriS asked me to post about this because she is concerned about an adeno outbreak.....

I know firsthand what each of these issues are like so I'm not spouting off some crap I "heard"..... these are actual experiences. No need to be rude to me.....