FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Aptor / Raptor Debate
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #10
diablohogs
first off... stephanie from TME is my new hero.

what you caught on to is the fact that ron likes to call every little thing a mutation. giants were the same way. and he always talks as though they are recessive. het for this, het for that... i doubt he even knows what heterozygous means. it seems to be this catch all term he uses for "probably carries the genes for, whatever those genes might be."

i want a raptor or aptor or whatever but in my opinion the only simple recessive trait in these animals, phenotypically speaking, is tremper albino.

they still have great carrottail and nice color but carrying the solid red eyes trait to other morphs probably isnt going to happen. tremper cant even breed true the solid red eyes in his raptors, hense the snake eyes.

as far as the cornsnake thing, i see where your coming from but it makes alot more sense considering that both anery and albino are simple recessive traits in cornsnakes and snow is a double mutation consisting of both so an anery het for albino could be het for snow and an albino het for anery could as well. an albino that is het for both is "double het for snow".

it would be alot nicer if ron tremper would prove out his morphs before making claims about them because on paper his claims just don't add up.