FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Evolution vs Creationism
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #36
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I think that's a very interesting question. I studied biology and the basics of genetics and evolution with a classmate who was a staunch Baptist, and believed in the literal interpretation of the Bible and therefore the 6-day creation story.

We discussed (civilly) how she dealt with the dichotomy, and she was able to separate what she "knew" (i.e., learned in class) from what she "believed" (i.e., learned in church).

I have worked with other scientists who are able to accept evolution and/or natural selection (which are not exactly the same thing, by the way) as the mechanism by which a god could create, and continue to perfect, life.

I imagine there are preacher/scientists out there who could allow something similar. rather than insisting that one must refute the other. I'd love to hear from one if that's so.
Civility is key in any discussion or it really isn't a discussion.

I know several college professors, public teachers and doctors that are pastors or preachers. How many of us have walk into a doctors office that comes highly recommended by their peers and asks "are you one of those mindless religious people"? What if they say yes, are you going to find another doctor that isn't quite as capable, just because this one is "religious". Who is/was one of the top neurosurgeons in the USA, you gonna walk away because he's a "religious" man?

I probably associate with more non religious people than with "religious" people.

I understand creationism, evolution and natural selection very well.

We (human race) as individuals live our lives by what we believe and understand. Tell me, am I that bad of a person because of how I live my life? We lump people together (stereotypes) into groups, when in reality, we are all individuals living together.

I think the true issue here, is the definition of several terms seem to be fluid.