FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - FedEx Certification Contact
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #51
ReptileAlley
Bob, I let Courtney know about this thread and the problems you were having and she wrote me back saying " I at least can start a fire under the rep that's supposed to be handling it, and I'll do what I can to help! "
Please contact her if she hasn't contacted you already. To get the ball rolling on your end so that it all goes faster once your rep contacts you is:
If you haven't set up an account on fedex.com then you need too
get your test package ready and sent to the testing place. They can email you the results along with putting them back in your testing box when they send it back to you (you will need to save those papers).

Once all that is done, if memory serves me correctly, then there are two different set of documents that she sends (at different times), and you need to sign them and fax them back to her (Office Depot works great if you don't have a fax machine). Once she gets the documents, she hand delivers them to where they need to go and lets you know when you are ready to ship out your first shipment. It took us just under a month from start to finish to be "legal" to ship our reptiles. The fedex guy is so cute when he comes to pick up our bearded dragons on Monday mornings going.. "what do we have here today, bearded dragons or snakes?" He has even asked if he can come over later when his shift is over to see our collection of reptiles. I've noticed that they have the same guy picking up and delivering everything to my house now. Not sure if its because they know it's more than likely reptiles and thats why he was assigned because he doesn't mind them or what. All I know is he's excited about handling them. I have the boxes well marked (on every side), Live Harmless Reptiles, name of the reptile species (ie: bearded dragon), and scientific name. It takes a little more time on my end, but there is no way that they are going to miss what is inside of it and there is no way any of those are going to escape out of their packing box, unless they some how smuggled a knife into the box and can cut their way through the packing tape, hehe.
A few days after my first phone call with Courtney, she set up a time for Jane Baerd (?) (shes the label consultant), to call me and walk me through how to mail out packages and view my account along with other stuff online. I'm on my computer a lot so I figured out most of the stuff before she called, but it was nice to have a walk through so I knew how it worked exactly without charging my account
All in all the care these two women gave us and staying on top of things and answering every little question was great. If Courtney didnt know the answer, she admitted it, went and found out the answer and would email me and call me to let me know what was going on. Which is soooo nice to have the written and verbal information.
I will never be able to repay her enough for all the help and care we received from her. Please let me know how the saga goes.
Stephanie