FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rich Z (WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:58 PM   #30
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Yeah, hard to say. The heart stays quiet, just doing its job, until it decides not to. You seem like you've been active all your life. Stayed a decent weight, and you two eat pretty healthy, judging from your past posts. Maybe we're all ticking time bombs!

Did your cardiologist put you on a low-dose aspirin regimen? Usually 81mg tablets, one a day. Because of my mom having a heart attack, and my brother's incident, my doctor said it couldn't hurt for me to start on it. Bayer even makes a separate product specifically for cardiac patients. Did they start you on a statin as well? (Lipitor, Zocor, Crestor)
Yeah...
  • 81 mg low dose aspirin
  • 10 mg Prasugrel (blood thinner)
  • 80 mg Atorvastatin (I believe for cholesterol. Even though my cholesterol numbers have never been bad during my yearly blood letting checks)

Not sure that blood thinner is doing me good, since lately I seem to bruise a LOT easier than I have in the past. I could smack myself on the arm with a ball peen hammer and not get a bruise before all this. Not just a moderate impact or constant pressure in a small area will create a bruise. For instance, today I was putting some material on some brackets for my laptop and a mouse platform and I had to press in some plastic pins into holes to hold the fabric in place. Took a lot of pressure using my thumbs, and on my left hand the finger that wound up applying pressure from underneath got a bruise right at the crease of the fingertip. Then earlier I was carrying some stuff over from the garage to the old reptile building and I was carrying more items than I should have, so I was pressing them against my stomach with one arm as I fiddled to get my key out. Wound up with a silver dollar sized bruise on my stomach area from that.

Heck, I dunno. I always associated easy bruising with weak vein and artery walls. I have a call into my cardiologist (well one of them anyway) about this. Of course, my primary care physician called in for a refill of my Prasugrel supply, and she got me a 90 day supply of it. So if the cardiologist changes my prescription I'll have a bunch of useless pills on hand. And those things aren't cheap if you don't have insurance covering it. Sure would hate to waste them all. They don't have a mark on them to easily split them, neither. Well, maybe take one every other day instead of every day? Perhaps doctors don't worry about that since they get their commission anyway.

Hmm, I had one of the last of the yellow flies chew on my arm today, and drew blood. But I don't see a mark from that. Maybe with the blood thinner she got more than she bargained for and choked.

We have a LOT of dragon flies around here lately, so I hope they are helping to keep the yellow fly and mosquito population in check. I talk to them a lot, and they seem like they aren't a bit afraid of humans. Probably my favorite insect type critter.