FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoid PM???
Thread: Venomoid PM???
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedupdon
Thanks i was looking for opinions on what this vet had said. i don't approve of any kind of surgery. he claims that the procedure has been improved to the point that it is no longer the butcher job that it used to be . My local
animal control officer stated as long as there was papers proving it had been fixed and not allowed to bred then it could be kept, Steve im sorry i pm you your name was given as some who would be willing to comment on this procedure,

Sorry but even the state of Florida who has the (IMO) best venomous laws set up and the best system of inspections considers "voids" venomous. So your animal control officer is like most of them not very well informed due to the fact they rarely deal with reptiles at all.

The key to this whole situation is education. Education on the mortality rates of snakes which this surgery is preformed on, education on how some "venomoid" snakes have in fact shown venom still somehow being produced, and education that just having a "cool looking snake" isn't doing the hobby any good if you do not know how to properly take care of its needs.