FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Venomoid PM???
Thread: Venomoid PM???
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
nicolai
There is a vet that frequents the hamburg and pottstown reptile shows with his venemoids and swears by them and i have seen him sell a lot of snakes at the shows. I have never kept venemoids and know little about them other then there seems to be a market for them. PA fish and wildlife were at his table at the last show talking to him (appently they know him well) ansd asking him how busines was and stuff like that. I asked the F & W guys what they thought about venemoids and they thought they were a bad idea years ago because no one knew how to devenomise properly but said this guy specializes in it and is well know for being one of the best (cant think of his name but someone that goes to those shows regularly will pop on this thread with his name). He offered to show me one but i declined as i didnt feel comfortable about holding one. I am not one to judge anyone for what they keep and what people do with thier own animals I just prefer to stay on the safe side and not hold a venemous snake even if it is supposedly devenomised. I think this is a contreversy that will go on for years and years.
Look at all of us bearded dragon keepers that never knew beardeds had venom glands !! Are we all going to get rid of them just in case??? We all live and learn!!