FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 08:02 PM   #19
WebSlave
Connie finally got up a bit past 6 pm when her bladder alarm went off. Mad dash to the bathroom after I got her out of the recliner...

She seems to be fine now. I had just made myself a sandwich, but she still wanted to make dinner. I knew that if I didn't eat, then she might not neither, so what the heck. Not going to pass up a shrimp dinner!

She still has a pretty healthy appetite, but is taking small meals at closer intervals rather than large meals more widely spaced. So far no signs of any nausea (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!). And her throat and inside of her mouth don't seem to be bothering her after I got her that Biotene stuff she wanted. Man I hope she passes through this chemo stuff with the barest minimum of side effects. And even more I hope it clears those free ranging cancer cells they found in the fluid around her right lung too. Like FOREVER!.

Man, if you ever want to really know how precious someone is to you, go through something like this. I already told God I would trade however much of my life is necessary in order to prolong hers. Then best case would be that we would both be struck by a meteor as we were walking around our path, holding hands, looking at the plants we have put into the ground.

Sorry, lately my mind goes to strange places. I took half of one of the old valiums this morning after getting back from the post office and realized I was feeling a little bit like my whole body was made up of crinkled up aluminum foil. Don't know how else to describe it.

But damn, since Connie was infused with that chemo crap, and the instructions tell her to avoid contact with anyone else for 72 hours, I haven't been able to kiss my wife since Wednesday. That is a REAL killer. Believe me, I nearly slipped up MANY times.

BTW, I am not really proof reading what I am writing. Screw it. I doubt anyone really expects me to make any sense anyway.