FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Kentucky state law issues
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #29
IMAJACOBIAN
I have read all the laws I have been able to locate regarding venomous in Ky. I agree with you on the native hots being ok. (that's why I have an Oh place as well.).

The one gray area that I have been concerned about is what if you breed without a permit. They can drop more than 5 babies easily. It's ok to have 5 specimans, however is it per individual, per facility, per household, etc. For example, Can I have 5 timbers, then my wife have 5 as well? It doesn't specify as far as I have been able to locate. What is your view of that?

As far as selling, I haven't seen the law stating you must have a permit to sell, but could be wrong. Could you specify the source of that law please? I go through great lengths to follow the law, but would always like as much info as possible.

I have looked into the native permits a little and they seem obtainable, unlike any exotic hots. It's basically a propagation permit and they allow more than 5 then.

Then several counties ban hots and large constricters as well so we always have to keep that in mind as well.

Have a happy, and legal, herping.

Thanks,

Jacob