FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Pop up ads
Thread: Pop up ads
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 07:47 PM   #8
WebSlave
The discussion forums are just something that pop up in my mind every now and again. I know in the past I have made noises about shutting down a bunch of them, but fortunately (I guess) out of sight out of mind for me. I guess it is just the lack of use, would means lack of appreciation for them even being there, that gets to me now and again. So I get into a sort of "use it or lose it" mode.

As for any harm with them being there? Well maybe. Perhaps over complicating this site to some members. Forums seem to be complicated to people who have grown up in the facebook age. Different structure that requires a different way of looking at information. I am the exact opposite. Facebook, from what little I have used it, just doesn't agree with the way I look at things on the internet. Push come to shove, whenever I am looking for any topic matter, I always try to find a forum based site to use for my research.

Quote:
If all that casual users knew about the guy behind Fauna was what you write in your Administrative role, that would be unfortunate and misleading.
Not sure if that is a bad thing or not. Sometimes it is fun being thought of as an ogre.