FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Anybody shipping with FedEx!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #7
Haroldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
OK, but what alternative shipping method are you recommending besides FedEx for live snakes?

To be perfectly frank, I have been shipping with FedEx for quite a while now, and have no complaints. There has not been a single incident where my package has not showed up on the day it was supposed to. Had some later in the day, (once because the plane broke down on the runway), but never had one even a day later than promised.

I have never filed a claim for late delivery, but in a couple of occasions I got a check from them for later delivery without my initiating that event.

Quite honestly, I seriously doubt that more than three people in FedEx even know about those contractual exclusions or restrictions. They strike me as being legalese CYA terms "just in case"....
To be honest, I have no alternative shipping company in mind, but it still doesn't make the provisions right. I used to ship with UPS, but after several packages being late and/or destroyed, decided to move on to another shipper. Since then, I moved onto FedEx shipping ground and overnight packages several times a week. None of my packages (next day) have shown up late, but that doesn't mean it won't help--anecdotal evidence suggests that it will happen, the longer I stay with them. It's not about the money per se, I guess I am "bothered" by the fact that live animal shippers are singled out amongst an entire consumer base and given special provisions (that severe consumer rights), despite no difference in service rendered.

As far as how wide spread the restrictions are known, they are known from Regional managers all the way down to store clerks at FedEx Kinkos in my parts. Even those centers get updated documents every time FedEx issues them. I guess it won't matter to people until those provisions are "leaned" on...