FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Force-Feeding Issue
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 03:16 AM   #1
Beyond the Web
Force-Feeding Issue

I am still trying to find my way through this forum, I hope this is the correct forum for my issue in question.

I have a WC '04 C. cerastes (spelling?), I don't have a scale however, it was a healthy one at decent weight just by observation. Over the past 4 weeks it has refused all feeders, I am under the assumption it prefers lizards (no surprise there as it is WC), and just today, I noticed its health diminishing. He seems to be getting underweight, it will only strike but won't eat.

I decided to get him something smaller, like newborn pinkies, well, it was ignored. I had to do what was best for the animal, and proceeded to attempt force feeding. I attempted 3 times, it rejected it 3x! I've done this task before, and it always worked out for me. Seems like I may have to get a pinky pump instead, but, I really don't want to liquify the pinkie myself. Is there any company available out there that produces liquified rodents (or other feeding substances) to use in a syringe-like device for force-feeding?