FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Indigo snakes in captivity.
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
thesnakeman
You make a very good argument. And believe me,...I don't relish the thought of big brother sticking his nose into my business either. Another BIG pet peev of mine is stupid herp laws, being passed by ignorant politicians! So perhaps I'll have to change my approach on this issue, and side with your approach of educating the folks that I sell to. But,...What if we indigo breeders were to draw up a sales contract for people to sign, stipulating not to hybridize, or cross breed this species. Then perhaps if they went ahead and did it, we, the breeders association could file a law suit against that person. If they sign a legal and binding contract prior to the purchase, they might be less likely to do the evil deed. I realize that it would be difficult to bring about any civil/legal repercussions to that party, after the fact. But they may think twice before hand, where as now, there is nothing to discourage such activity but peer pressure, and education prior to the sale. I think that anyone who would cross an indigo with anything else, should know that there is at least the possibility of consequences. How does that sound?
T.
T.