FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Indigo snakes in captivity.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #9
thesnakeman
Allow me to clarify;...You can probably get a permit if you are a lawyer, or you can afford to hire one, and you agree to use the animal in educational programs. I know of one such lawyer, who has his own permit, but he has expressed no intrest in helping this cause, thus far. His name is Curt Harbsmeir. And while Ms. Williams did say those words to me personally, I was applying for more than a standard permit to possess an indigo. I was applying for permission to build, and operate an Indigo Research, Education, and Conservation Center in Florida. The problem is,... they won't allow multiples of both sexes, or captive breeding. Which was part of the request. However, they never actually said no. What she told me was to fill out and submit the proper form, with a written proposal. Which I did, back in April of this year. I have not heard a word since. And I'm guessing I won't. That way, if they never actually say no, then I have no legal recourse, because I was never actually denied. But the general impression I got from Ms. Williams was that she did not approve of anyone keeping indigos in captivity. On that note, I may be wrong, for which I do apologize, but either way, she is welcome to post an explanation, and answere some questions. So far she has failed to respond to repeated e-mails from me.