FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hurricane season - 2021
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #18
WebSlave
All of the forecast model tracks are now showing Elsa making landfall to the east of us, so we shouldn't get very much, if any, notable weather here.

We did get 0.31" of rain this afternoon, so I went up into the attic to check for any leaks. None were visible, but honestly I can't move around much up there for a thorough inspection. It's a hip roof and I swear the builders put enough 2x4 supports in there to nearly nuke proof the thing. Trying to walk among all those two by four supports would be a real challenge and could result in me losing my balance and putting a foot through the ceiling in the living quarters. Plus it is heavily insulated, which makes the beams I would need to walk on a challenge to see. So I did the best I could from a single vantage point at the attic entranceway with a strong flashlight.

I wanted to take the drone up for an inspection of the roof after completion, but the weather did not cooperate today. I have used the drone every day after the workers left for the day, however, so I have been inspecting all along. Plus I have been using the camcorder during the process every day, and the 600mm lens it has allowed me to do real time inspections. I figured if I spotted something early that was questionable, I could bring it to their attention sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, there was only one of me with the camcorder and there were very often multiple areas of the roof being worked on simultaneously.

Maybe if we get rained in the next few days I can render some videos from the raw footage. Not that this would be of much interest to anyone, though. But one of the owners of the roofing company did stop by here one day and mentioned that he would like to see the videos. Of course, taking video at 4K/60fps creates some pretty large files. All total the video files take up around 415 gb of storage. Wonder how long it would take to email them to him?