FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Petco throws a live iguana in the garbage
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
There's also the very real possibility that the video is entirely staged. Someone with an axe to grind against PetCo, just happens to have his video camera with him on the day that Petco throws away a perfectly good iguana...possible, but it seems awfully convenient to me. It seems like a good way for a dumpster diving reptile rescue to drum up some publicity and donations.
I think you may have a point. In the comments under the video, the video producer addresses a comment that says just this and says something about an email where Petco addresses the situation, I was not able to find that email and I cannot imagine a corporation such as Petco sending out such a letter or email. In addition, the video producer was so hostile to the question that I could well see how people might question whether this report is valid. He mentions something about a video camera next door but so far has offered no proof of a video record nor do I believe that he will be able to furnish one because the neighboring business is not obligated to provide such records to him.

I sent him a link to this thread, I'd be very interested to see if he might stop by and provide some more facts here.

Update: He quickly answered my email and told me he refused to participate on Fauna. He directed me to his Facebook page. I did read through but what he posted there did not convince me that it was actual proof, there are to headers to show that statements he attributes to Petco staff actually came from them.
https://www.facebook.com/ReptileRescue