FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #25
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvchondros
I do not particularly care for redundant postings.
Believe me, you are not alone in that. Unfortunately, many people are of the mind that "researching" means asking on a forum. I still do find myself suggesting that people do some research, utilize the search functions on the forum, THEN post remaining/unanswered questions. I don't intend to come of as confrontational, or scolding, but I probably have at times (I'm working on that, lol). As some of us have discussed, we can't/shouldn't ignore threads/posts just because we have responded to the subject matter 14 times in the past 35 days. And sometimes, getting the same advice from several people is what it takes to get through to somebody, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvchondros
I know a lot about chondros and my local native snakes, but that's about it and rarely have anything significant or educational to add to existing threads.
You might be surprised...even something as seemingly trivial as a different way of doing the the same thing can be of major help. Me, I'm more of a generalist...I keep a variety of species. Always have. I have tried to narrow it down, even to specialize, but I keep finding my attentions turning to this or that. The nice thing is that there is room for all of us, and we can all help somebody

**AAAGH. What is this sicky sweet, nice thing that has invaded my crankiness? : Next thing you know, I'll break into a chorus of It's a Small World After All or We are the World