FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Snake in one of our hotel rooms
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Juxtaposition109
Question Snake in one of our hotel rooms

Hello all,
I live in Florida and work the front desk at a small hotel on the beach. Last night I checked someone into one of our hotel rooms and they came back and told me that there was a snake in the room. After I room moved them I went to check it out for myself. I spotted the little guy and identified him as an Eastern Ribbon snake. As I was the only person working at the hotel I couldn't spend a lot of time trying to catch him so I snapped a photo to show the maintenance staff. The snake crawled back into a crack at the bottom of the wall and I could barely see him looking back into it with a flashlight. When I came into work today the maintenace staff asked me to go see if I could catch him as they are all afraid of snakes. I went down and seached the room but I couldn't find him anywhere. We can't really rent out the room until we know that there aren't any snakes in it. Does anyone have a good humane idea of how I can catch him? I put a cardboard box w/ a small hole in it in the room hoping he may crawl up into it. I just would rather me catch him and let him go free than some of the maintenance people stomping him to death. Any ideas?