FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Tampa Show Wars
Thread: Tampa Show Wars
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
bigsnakedaddy
Congratulations Gino! It takes more than a little bit of intestinal fortitude to come forward and print the truth on this forum especially when it involves treading on sacred ground. I believe this forum was designed to tell/investigate the truth to enable people to make intelligent, thoughtful choices on whom to do business with based on reputation as evidenced by facts. In this capacity no one is immune from criticism. It does however continue to amaze me at the number of people who are not dedicated to the truth but are dedicated to their own self-serving interests. Some people who post are hypocritical in that they hold people who print the truth on this forum to a different standard than those who print outright lies on their website or in vendor newsletters and emails to all. The fact is that all this truth does hurt the industry somewhat by exposing an often naive public to the undesirable part of our industry but this forum should be no less effective or is no different than any other method of public viewing on internet such as websites, etc....... One could argue that reptile dealers and promoters represent the industry equally and the public deserves to know the truth about both. I believe it is that spirit of searching for the truth that endears this forum to many and makes it a nightmare for some. Surgery can be beneficial to what ails and sometimes incisions must be made to get to what ails. To some this forum is merely words displayed on a computer screen for all to read just like any other website. To others it is a tool to save them aggravation, time, and money. I believe this forum can be useful to all. This forum should uncover the truth not conceal it. These things must be done delicately and carefully. We have to look after our own industry. The fact is some people don't care about the truth and defend indefensable positions stated by people who put money in their pockets. (Sound like another forum) There comes a time when that consideration should be secondary to the truth. Understandably many people don't wish involvement, turn and look the other way, patronize both attacker and attackee assuring both that they are on their side in order to protect their money. Fine. To each their own.... Some will get themselves all worked up about a post on fauna if someone points out wrongdoing because it affects the "so called industry" (their cash cows) and yet stand by silently while another's business they derive benefit from is unjustly slandered and lied about in other public forums/websites. This type of hypocritical stance serves justice to no one and enables the stinkers to feed off our profession but do little to advance it. Remember silence indicates consent. Again Gino thanks for having the guts to print the truth. Shame on all the cowards and hypocrites who criticize the purveyors of truth in the light of evidence and whose mouths are mysteriously sewn shut when they fail to exercise that same criticism objectively against those who print less than the truth, those who do not represent the best this industry has to offer, and to the detriment of us all.. I hope all will attend all the shows and help our industry grow and prosper. I believe every vendor and patron has the right to attend any and all shows regardless of promoter or promotion. I do however believe in honor and truth. To that end I urge everyone to email the promoters, let them know whether you agree with their business tactics and respond to them verbally (phone and in person) and by email ensuring they know your stance/position so that they as promoters can better serve you the vendors (the life blood of this industry) and the people whose trust you have earned and serve. To patrons/attendees of shows. The majority of promoters are standup people. Like all professions you occasionally get a stinker. Remember even a stinker can have great vendors/breeders at their show. Honor the vendors as they deserve your hard earned patronage. Give feedback to the promoters so they can grow and serve you better. Again hat's off to you Gino for having testicular fortitude and I'll see you at "The Tampa Show....