FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Scarlet king snake
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 07:52 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I like your photos, too.

"So after showing Connie my prize"

Does she actually appreciate cool snake finds, or just enjoy that you get excited about them (like my family does when I show them what I caught)?
I think she likes seeing them. More than once she has come bursting into the house telling me to get my shoes on and follow her, to show me a snake she had found somewhere on the property.

She gets all excited when the baby lizards are hatching out. I don't think she is as crazy about the snakes, though, as many of them likely would eat "her" lizards. I was monitoring a Carolina wren nest a few years ago with a game camera, and when we were viewing the footage, we had to sit through a gray rat snake climbing into the nest and eating the babies. She got REALLY upset over that, and said she doesn't like snakes much any longer. So when we find gray rat snakes around here, I have to catch them and take them for a ride somewhere to release them. I would rather that they hang around and eat the rodents, but they got on Connie's sh!t list now.Don't mess around with her lizards or her birds. Actually she is afraid of birds, but has a few favorites she likes to watch. Crows and doves in the bird feeders are NOT on that list. But as for the rest, she tries hard to keep them all from going hungry.