FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Sanibel Island, Florida - June, 2015
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 01:30 AM   #1
WebSlave
Sanibel Island, Florida - June, 2015

Connie and I finally did something that was what I think retired people do. We took a month long "vacation" on Sanibel Island. It's something we have been talking about for years to do, so it seemed like it was about time that we just went ahead and did it.

I set up my Panasonic TM350 and the GoPro Hero4 Black the first evening we were on Sanibel Island and took side by side time lapse video during the sun set. This gave me a good opportunity to compare the quality of both of these cameras. Quite honestly, I'm considering getting rid of the Panasonics I have, and the GoPro is pretty impressive.

The Panasonic was doing time lapse at 1 frame every 1 second, and I believe I had the GoPro set for 1 frame every 5 seconds. After seeing the lightning flashes in the GoPro footage, I wish now I had also done that one at the 1 frame per second setting as well.

This is going to be the first of MANY videos I took, since the beach house we stayed in had a "widow's walk" on the roof that I would set up my camcorders on just about every day we were there.