FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #48
WebSlave
I have had several people either renew their contributions, or make new ones, and I thank you all for that. But I really need to clear the air, as I believe there is an excellent chance that what is going on concerning the future of the BOI has not been made perfectly clear.

I started this conversation initially in the moderator's forum with the goal in mind to get their feedback whether they felt that FaunaClassifieds could survive without the Board of Inquiry. I believe the thoughts varied from, yes, it would survive in a "limp along" state, to the suggestion that I go full retirement, pack the bags for Connie and myself, close down FaunaClassifieds completely without a backward glance, then travel the countryside leaving my cares behind. And a lot of scenarios in between.

Quite honestly what you see now is really PLAN B. PLAN A had been to restrict the BOI to paying members only on 02-02-2019 as I felt I owed the contributing members that much. Then a year later, on 02-02-2020, shut the BOI down completely. After getting some suggestions from the moderators after I told them my PLAN A decision, I thought hard on it, and decided to modify the second part of that plan. So instead of a hard shut down on 02-02-2020, it is now a "let's wait and see how things look then". I'll be perfectly honest, I don't believe enough people really give a crap any longer to keep the BOI from shutting down. And quite likely PLAN A will be what really takes place.

As such, I do not want anyone to be under the unintended misguided impression that the BOI remaining is a done deal. Even only available to contributing members. I would say that it is more likely that PLAN A is the future that will develop.

So if people still want to contribute, please do so under that full understanding. You will be supporting this SITE, and not the Board of Inquiry. I presume there are a number of people who would prefer FaunaClassifieds to survive, even without the BOI. Yes? No??

Anyway, I wanted to get this out in the open, as I felt I have been dancing around this point, and it's been eating at me that I may be inadvertently misleading people by omission of some details about the future I really expect to take place.

Yes, I expect the BOI will be gone on 02-02-2020. I am just not saying right now that it POSITIVELY will be so, just very likely so, based on what I have seen over the last few years concerning dwindling support. I really do not expect that to turn around. But I am also willing to admit, and submit to the advice of my moderators, that I could be wrong.