FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Connie (Mrs. WebSlave)
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 09:05 PM   #61
WebSlave
Starting to get medical bills rolling in.

Connie's stay at the hospital when she had her surgery rang up a bill of $206,000.00.

Fortunately Medicare/CHP health insurance took care of most of it.

I don't know what other associated bills will be showing up, since it seems that any doctor that sticks his or her head into your room sends you a bill for that. And I guess the surgeon's bill will be separate.

Can't wait to see what my ambulance ride, heart stent insertion, emergency room visit, and 3 day stay in intensive care comes to.

And there are Connie's chemo treatments.

Not sure why this had to happen to both Connie and I at the same time, but I do NOT appreciate God's sense of humor one least little bit.

Connie seems to be doing OK so far from her chemo treatment on Wednesday and that additional injection she got on Thursday. They said she may get flu like symptoms from it, and then likely bone and joint pain. The purpose of the injection is to help build up her white blood cells by stimulating the bone marrow. Not sure I know what that is all about. Heck, not sure I WANT to know. But puzzles me why they would be trying to stimulate cell growth during a chemo treatment. Seems to be counterintuitive to me. But what do I know? For all I know I had some brain cell death during my heart attack.

Heck, i guess a few more monster medical bills and I'll be having another heart attack anyway. Takes a while before the eyes wander on over to the column that says "What you have to pay." By then, it could be too late.

But a word to the wise, don't get cancer if you don't have good health insurance. Probably not a good idea to have a heart attack then neither, I am guessing.