FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I need my profile deleted ASAP please.
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #76
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiappini92 View Post
Because your community sucks to be honest, you people make adopting an exotics animal such a process and make it practically unaffordable to people who don't have hundreds of bucks to blow, even than when your willing to spend a lot of money something stupid has to happen like forckng you to fill out an application and wait weeks or even mknths for a response, than to make it worse y'all take pride in breeding these species when there are thousands of cats and dogs that get out to sleep every hour of the day that are I'm dire need of homes and attention. Not that reptiles are mindless, my leopard gecko recognized her owner a year after she had given her to me. I'm all for ethical breeding and what not but seriously all my friends that have had reptiles get bored and give them away or worse. I had one guy order a snake from an website with a moderately good reputation only to have it contract mites and kill all his reptiles, and this guy was actually dedicated to them. Lets face it, this industry is flawed so there. I said it. Personally I couldn't are about posts and whatnot. I just want my profile deleted so do as I wish like a normal message board.
So tell me, what other message boards have you been on where they would delete your profile for you? Or allow YOU to delete it yourself? You apparently think this is a common practice, so from where are you gleaning that self professed knowledge? A lot of message boards run vBulletin, and I know for a fact that vBulletin does not offer that as an option to members to exercise. Maybe some others do, but I would be seriously surprised.

As for the rant earlier in the above post. Seriously? If "hundreds of bucks" is an insurmountable hurdle for you, then maybe just working with goldfish is a better path for you to take. Caring for most animals is a substantial investment in both time and MONEY. And if you think you don't have enough patience just waiting for permits and what not, really, maybe caring for animals just isn't your thing.

I don't think this industry is flawed at all. But as for SOME of the people who want to participate within it? Perhaps yes, this could very well be true. But I doubt ANY industry is any different in that respect.