FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Captive care of Masticophis and Coluber book
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 11:49 AM   #1
Connor Kayak Man
Captive care of Masticophis and Coluber book

Hello y'all,

My name is Connor Wardle and I have been working with a few different Masticophis and Coluber species over the past 7 years. After seeing Masticophis and Coluber grow in popularity over the past couple years, I teamed up with William Huntsman to get a book out there sharing what we've learned while keeping these animals. Our goal is to help provide better info for new keepers interested in keeping Masticophis and Coluber.

Here are the sections we will be covering in the book:

Species deep dive (species description, habitat description, range map, and a few photos of the species at different stages of life) (Will include all 11 subspecies of Coluber and all 17 subspecies of Masticophis)

Captive care

Breeding

How to purchase an animal (things to ask/look for)

Diseases/parasites

Localities (my favorite section where we show phenotype variation throughout the ranges of these species)

This book will require quite a few photographs and I have a good amount already between the animals that William and I are keeping. That being said I would love to add additional photos of any of these species both in the field and in captivity. If you have photos you think are of good print quality and wouldn't mind helping me out I'd really appreciate it. Please email photos to naturalistherps@gmail.com, be sure to include your name to be given proper credit in the book. If you are sending photos for the locality portion I do not need exact locality information, its important to make sur we preserve habitat sites, county or just vague locality info is fine (EX: Ruthven's Whipsnake, deep South Tx.).

Thank you for your time,
-Connor Wardle