FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Almost over Covid
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 05:04 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I was with my son and his family for Christmas, they thought they had been having a cold. They were not sneezing or coughing at my place, and had a great appetites (I made roast beef, and it warmed my heart to see my grand daughter tuck into the fresh home made bread) When it hung on my son's wife had a test which was positive.
It was very fast, only a few days later, that I had symptoms similar to theirs. I just talked to my son, he is still not feeling well. But nothing like Joe's illness or my first bout with Covid.
So what symptoms did they actually have that led them to believe they might have colds, if they weren't actually sneezing and coughing? So you don't believe you contracted the virus through airborne particles normally caused from sneezing and coughing?

Don't mean to appear to be prying, I am just curious about how this new variant might have changed the method it uses to infect victims.

I read somewhere that with this omicron variant, the time period from exposure to first symptoms is usually around 3 days. Likely no one knows yet if someone newly exposed is infectious in that grace period before showing the symptoms. One of the more troubling traits of the original virus was that apparent long incubation time, during which it was claimed that the victims were infectious to others.

I have actually heard people suggesting to have "omicron parties" sort of like in the old days when kids would be exposed to measles and chicken pox in groups to basically get it over with. Of course, with the discover of shingles 30 years or so later, this probably wasn't all that great of an idea.

But if omicron causes very mild symptoms yet gives some notable immunity to future infections, this might be something worth some people considering. But I guess we will see if this helps burn out COVID, or just the latest in a possibly long series of waves of waning and peaking infections. Personally, I am not willing to consider omicron as any sort of "savior", quite yet. Too much fake news floating about for me to be comfortable jumping off that cliff.