FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Snake trap plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
Missymonkey
Question

I've heard of the flour idea. I will probably try that tonight. I dread the mess the next day though since it's all carpeted flooring. THat and I have two feisty kitties.

I found a tip of a snake shed in my kitchen but my cats are known for digging them out of the little garbage can in the rep. room and then drag them around the house. I did find a decent shed in the basement where the nogravid one was loose. That's why I am trying to create some sort of trap to catch her.

So I am thinking of getting a shoebox tub or something a little bigger and putting a thawed mouse in it. I'll cut a hole in the box on the top that's pretty small so that they can get in and hopefully not out. But these darn snakes got out of the hibernation tubs so I'll also be taping them shut. I just can picture myself going through a lot of mice here.

I may also create a sort of flap that would work kind of like a doggie door that only works one way. But how would I make it so that they can't get out. I'm picturing a rubberband spring that would hold it shut but how to attach it all is the mystery.