FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hurricane season - 2021
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #22
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

But the problem is that I have become rather fond of my toys I have accumulated over my lifetime, and giving them up would be very difficult to do. What about my guns and ammunition? My tools? My home theater system with LOTS of speakers? My computer equipment? Hell, what would I DO with myself without all the toys to play with?

Now if they all got destroyed in some disaster, that would be a different situation entirely as I wouldn't be volunteering to change my life so drastically. Not that I would he happy about it, but it would definitely be a sign
Why would you need to give up your toys? You could find property in another state that was not so hurricane prone and move everything except your beautiful garage in one large moving truck Yes, every place has something. But hurricanes are fairly frequent.

Why wait for a sign? With a VERY expensive new roof and no insurance you are asking for a sign. Florida property is hot, with your new roof and your beautiful garage you would get a pretty penny for your place. (You don't even have to list, you can get a realtor to give you an estimate based on area comps, so you could make sure that there was plenty of cash for a new place and a fancy moving truck for the toys.)

You can even scope out new areas at City-Data.com, and take your next vacation visiting a likely town in person.

OK, I'll be quiet now