FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Feeding incident
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playballp View Post
Yes, I agree with your comment. Most of the snakes in my collection are F/t eaters. I have successfully switched them to f/t since most of them were on live when i got them. But like I mentioned, this guy has been a pain in the butt since I got him. He wouldn't eat, he would only take live asf. and those are either hard to find or expensive around here. He started taking scented rats a few months back and now he takes unscented rats no problem. The next step is to definitely switch him to f/t as I hate dealing with live rats or mice and is much safer. I just hope he does not go food shy on me again. Thanks

P.S The blood on its head was from the bleeding rat. I just wiped it down (couldn't stop myself)
My ETB finally took a f/t sm rat just recently. It had been taking live mice exclusively. This happened completely by chance.

But before that, the sutbborn bastard got bit many times. Maybe he felt it was the rule of "fair chase".

Poor bastard rats and mice must resign themselves to being prey animals, dammit.

Edit: Those scratches look completely superficial to me, though.