FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Building a new business/a reputation
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #18
Dbz4246
I am new to the hobby as well, this season should be the first for me to have clutches. But I have spent a lot of time on the net trying to let people know I exist, its slow going but its getting there. I started attending local shows and talk to all the breeders there, they may not recognize my name but they recognize the face and that says something to me. I have shared a table with a buddy of mine to help out and see how its all done. I have done multiple trade deals and meet new people that way.And when I am able to finally start selling off some babies, I can start getting my name out there. Its a gradual process that takes time and isnt easy, but in the end when you can confidently represent your animals that you produced, I believe people will notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
I recently passed on selling my snakes to 2 differant people because I was not confident of the care they would receive. I instead opted to trade with 2 people who after some conversation felt the animals would be in good hands.
I have done this as well, actually I had some guy the other day call me and offered some things for trade, Iphone... gun... blood... yea I said no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
Becoming a FedEx Certified shipper is a great idea, and I'm not trying to deter you from doing it, but in the mean time ShipYourReptiles is an option as well. I've been using them instead of going through FedEx my self since SYR offers insurance. Just wanted to point that out in case you didn't know
I have yet to ship anything yet, but I have some shipping supplies just in case. And SYR so far is awesome, and I love the insurance that comes with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzualsuspect5 View Post
I have done Craigslist beforebut the people on the Baltimore one constantly flag anybody who mentions the word breed/bred.
Happens all the time.... I have to post in bigger cities about an hour and a half away so my posts dont get flagged. Sorry, I dont want to sell an animal thats worth 200 for 40 bucks to someone who doesn't even know what it is, may just be me