FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can someone who has done a rack help me out with some questions?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
MrTPlush
Can someone who has done a rack help me out with some questions?

So I want to make my own rack and I am comfortable with how to put it together now. My plan is to make a 32qt. tub rack that is 5 tubs tall made out of Melamine. I know Home Depot sells Melamine in 8'x4' sheets and from my understanding I can get all my boards out of a single sheet(correct me if I am wrong here). Alright so hopefully up to this point I make sense.

I copied the measurements from a rack I found online(24 1/8 W x 17D x 36H) so in theory I know all the lengths for the boards. My first/main problem comes in when I get Home Depot to cut the boards. Does anyone know if I can just give them all the measurements for each separate board or do I have to give them cut by cut instructions(yikes)?

The other concern I have is I don't know what the dimensions of the back would be. Most don't have a full back if I remember right and just have two thin pieces run up the back. How wide should those be?

Thanks for any help!