FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #79
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mack
Good morning,
I'm amazed at all the inerest in our Snow geckos. I have enjoyed all the positive and even the negitive postings. Amy and I are both very exited about this project. We nor does anyone else know the potential of Co-Dom in Leopard Geckos. But when you look at the Co-Dom in other species like in ball pythons and boas who knows. I look at each new morph not only for it's individual beauty but as a ingrediant to endless possibiltes only limited by our own imagination. As of today most designer leopard geckos consist of only two or three mutations. I see a day of 4,5,6...

Sincerely,

John

John, I don't think anyone, other than Vince , is disputing that the Mack snow is a wonderful discovery full of future potential.

The biggest gripe seems to be how distribution was initially handled, and how the criticism has been handled since the method was made public.

I believe Alex had the best of intentions, and 90% of people, myself included had no idea that there were requirements imposed upon potential buyers until the situation, that we aren't allowed to speak of in this forum, brought the purchase process out into the public eye.

In time, I believe the resentment, "sour grapes" or whatever one would like to call the drama, will cease to exist once more Mack snows are available and people get to work with them and see what they can cross the gene into...

As for the price, well, I know I still get $500-$700 for top specimen Tangs and Carrot Tails, so I'm not sure that I see why this is an issue. If people are willing to pay a lot, BY CHOICE, for a gecko, I'm not sure that anyone else should tear them down for doing what they want to do....no one is forcing them to purchase anything, they choose to either buy or not buy.