FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - KelliH and others Banned? Why?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #701
Chameleon Company
Been away from the computer for the beter part of two days.

And I read every post that I missed. Well handled throughout Rich, to include giving back the mod status to the personal sites. I don't feel that you owed it, but are choosing the higher road.

I have lauded the KS Forums to Rich before because of their intolerance to confrontation, while they still have much room to get better. This site has so much to offer, to include the legitimate bashing of shown scammers, theives, etc, such as Chris Johnson and others, and which will provide that entertainment value not found in KS. Trouble is, too many of you need to make the public personal attacks on people just because you don't like or agree with them. They aren't theives, scammers, frauds, etc. You just have to launch into them. It was Kelli and Marcia with the thread, and then otherwise respected posters like Sammy (you still make sense sometimes) with posts like this earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Also Bobby Hill and others who seem to think that they are owed an apology because people said how they HONESTLY felt..... give me a break and grow up. Not everyone in the world is going to like one another and I will be damned if I will ever apologize for saying how I HONESTLY feel about anyone or anything.
Your opinion and I surely can't take it away from you. But with a few of us, its not that simple. I may be at a bar table with friends, and may share with the 3-4 there that I think so-and-so is a jerk. The potential for the repurcussions of freedom of speech grow if I choose to yell it out load so that all in the bar can hear. The potential for problems aimed back at me, and all around bad-blood, expands if I write it on a sign and post it by the door for all patrons to see in the coming days, or maybe even post it in the window for passers-by to see, maybe even inviting comment by others to join the bandwagon. No one is denying you your right to say how you honestly feel. Its the repurcussions of such and lack of foresight which your statement seems unable appreciate as being the problem the jizzes things up a bit. Apologies aren't mandatory, but sure make sense sometimes. Back in the day (I'm not that old, but I read), the guy on the $10 bill was mortally shot under code duello by the Vice President of the U.S. for a few too many public insults without apology. Not saying its right, but just that its taken more seriously by some than a simple freedom of speech issue. This whole stupid thing was just that ...... stupidity. No theivery. No scam. Just people who had a significant lapse in judgement, and then chose to stay stupid for a bit long. From all that I have read here, some still don't get it. Like so many things in the reptile business, its not the mistake, cause we all make them, but how a vendor fixes it, that is the true window to the character of the individual. I long for the day when its about bad guys who steal, good guys who don't, and critters who can't sin regardless of their actions. So much talent and knowledge here ...... and a pox on the house of everyone who couldn't keep the insults just at the bar table. Anyhow, like I said, I think you managed this whole event properly Rich. I'll try to disappear again