FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Muni Water Suppliers, Food Suppliers, Vulnerable to Hackers
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 02:20 AM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Ahem. Who bought a China-crap lathe last year???
Yep, guilty as charged. Please note the "we" in my quote above. I know I have purchased my fair share of Chinese made stuff. If you are able to NEVER buy anything made in China I would be very surprised to learn that anyone can do that these days. The unfortunate thing in some cases is that you either buy Chinese, or go empty handed, because no one else makes some merchandise any longer.

As for that "China-crap" lathe that came off of Ebay, that got returned to the seller and I got my money back. I knew I was taking a chance on quality, and thought I could work it into a reasonably accurate machine, but it was worse than my worst expectations. I did buy another lathe that was also made in China, but it is a lot better quality and sold through a USA reseller who specializes in such machines, and supports and stands behind what he sells. And accordingly the price reflected that difference. Point of the matter is that I had no other choice if I wanted to buy a decent lathe. Nothing else came even close to all the specs I wanted, either new or used made in the USA.