FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Federal Bill to Control Snake Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Pmsayi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletKing View Post
Really numbnuts? Come to Florida and live and then tell me that. Living in Tallahassee (progressive, liberal, great conservation...) or West Palm (elitist, conservative, an environmental nightmare). That's just two simple examples.
When you've conducted field work in every county in Florida over and over and see policies implemented based on political "leanings" as you say, then you can tell me about conservative vs. liberal politicians in Florida.

Most people with a brain realize that politicians are politicians, plain and simple. But there are some that stick to their beliefs, and it's obvious.

In any event, I think that's what I said initially - that politicians will use whatever is necessary to gain favor, so what's your point?

It looks like you've gulped down too much kool-aid.

Stick to issues in Virginia that you might know something about.

Well seeing as you live in Alabama not Florida I don't see where you have any better understanding than I do about the issues. If you would like I would be happy to forward some of the studies I have read on the issues surrounding invasive fauna in Florida and how much of it got there by well intending scientists. You seem to have the idea that I am in support of more restrictive government, I can assure you that is not the case. My point is the politician named in the article is not sponsoring any such litigation at this time claimed by the article in question. You are like so many others out their who are to stupid or lazy to bother researching who is voting for what. Had I not bothered to post the link you would have gone on believing what was fed to you by the article and would have had no idea what else Rep. Young was sponsoring and co-sponsoring.

Instead of attacking me why not spend your time writing letters to said politicians. I have written several to both house and senate representatives voicing my concerns about many an issue. If more people bothered to do this rather than whine in a chat room or to friends and family about how sleazy politicians are, maybe said politicians would change the way they do things and start voting for what is best for the country rather than their pockets. If not, at least you would have a real clue as how to vote in the next election.

Anyway, point simplified: Take the time to do your own research on policies, legislation, and so on. Don't be a sheep and believe what the AP (or anyone else) says or prints as they have political goals and will try to use those who will not or can not research the issues on their own to reach those goals.