FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Controlling Spiders in the Snake Room
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
yeloowtang
not sure it will work with every species of spiders, but it will with almost all of them..

use the NIX most people use for mites..
mix 1 bottle of the NIX shampoo you get in the pharmacy in 4L of distilled water.
makes sure it's nice diluted, then fill up a spray botle and spray the entire room, walls, floor and this should kill them and prevent others from coming back, just do it every once un a while.. smells nice too

just make sure you don't keep tarantulas !! otherwise they will also die ... reptiles are fine

i do it in my room and spray the carpets as well... illiminates any chance of getting mites too

i also keep dart frogs and in the laundry room i keep my bugs, I spray paper towels with NIX and it kills all the dust mites from the fruit flies and kills any fly that wanders out..

does a good job, hell you can spray outdoor plants for when you bring them in for the cold months.. kills all the bugs that hitch a ride ....

keep the extra MIX in a dark cool place, light will shorten it's life, once mixed and can be kept for up to 1 year

hope this helps..