FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Peeing Outside Cage
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
Praetori
Peeing Outside Cage

I'm new to burms and have only had Hector for a couple months, so I'm a newbie for stuff like this.

Hector is an albino burm a little over 9' long. I have him in a 5 1/2 X 2 1/2 Boamaster melamine cage in my bedroom. (I'm building a larger cage for him-I don't like housing him in so small a cage.) I let him out every day or every other day so he can get exercise and be handled. He's like a toddler so I can't leave him alone, but it seems to give him good stimulation. He goes back in his cage on his own sometimes, but I usually have to put him away before he wants.

What I find unusual is that he poops in his cage, but he prefers to pee outside his cage - usually in a corner of the bedroom. I don't know if it's just coincidence or not, but last time he did it I noticed he seemed to deliberately pick out where to pee; he went to the spot, then doubled back and stretched out before going.

I just wanted to hear from other burm owners before I jump to any conclusions. Perhaps he just likes stretching out to pee. Maybe it's something in the texture of carpet. I don't know. Any ideas?