FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - One year anniversary of the closing of the Board Of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 07:10 PM   #39
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsteelejr View Post
I really liked the ability to ask others their experiences. I have generally had positive experiences with the purchases and sales I have made thru Fauna but I know there are crooks and scammers out there. If you can allow people to rate both customers and sellers that would be awesome. In our lawyer dominated society though I would be afraid you would open yourself to legal action. There must be some way to get the message out. What if you allow people to ask for experiences with different entities and have them talk directly. All you would be is the contact to have asker and commentor connect.
Interesting idea. Thinking about how to implement something like that, I guess a single post thread forum would be necessary. Simple topic line containing just the name of the person, member, or business of interest, with no embellishments. In the text of the one message allowed, the thread author could ask anyone having info about such person to contact them in private.

Positives:
  1. Would eliminate the chatter that took place in BOI threads.
  2. All conversations would be private, which would eliminate the lawsuit threat.

Negatives:
  1. Not sure how many people would follow the structure under which such a forum would be intended. So when people post something like "AVOID JOE BLOW! HE SCREWED ME OUT OF $500!" we would have to delete it and sure as heck, the person posting that would get pissed about having it deleted. And we would be right back where we are right now.
  2. Would not provide any incentive for "bad guys" to go elsewhere to look for victims.

That is just off the top of my head without spending a lot of time thinking about it deeper.

But it is a thought to be considered. Just not sure if it could be implemented.