FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ben Siegel Incident
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #78
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
I find it amazing at how some people will degrade and humiliate themselves for something that really isn't that expensive. His buddy said he was going to sell him the python for 150 bucks. I'm sorry to see someone so desperate for 150 bucks, that he ate crap like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Notice a difference in the prize amount? It's not what amounts to a measly 150 bucks. And hot dogs are what's considered in this country to be a normal food item.
Your post keep reading that this man who passed in this tragic event did it for a "measly 150 bucks". I think it's very possible he didn't enter the contest for a payday. It's a possibility he participated for local fame, fun, shock value, or just as favor for his friend because he may have had a better chance of winning due to a stronger stomach, prior experience, etc.

I personally have done things & helped friends with jobs that I was better equipped for then them & in no way did it necessary benefit me. I never thought of it as a "degrading" action & usually just considered it being an actual friend. Sadly in this case it's sounds like the friend of the deceased wasn't as much of a friend which is sad but it doesn't give anyone else justification to judge his character or person. Doing such in my opinion, especially when he no longer is here to defend himself is what I would consider "pathetic".