FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Restrictive return policies
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
SpitZu
Quote:
More and more I'm seeing new or relatively unknown sellers with these increasingly elaborate and restrictive policies for customers who are unsatisfied with their purchase. One lady even had a TOS that flat-out refused any returns out of fear of what could be introduced to her collection. I feel like policies like this likely drive away good customers who feel like their money would be better spent somewhere that didn't require them to jump through hoops just to send back an animal that, for whatever reason, may not be to their liking.
I was toying around with this idea as well. People are so picky as to who they buy animals from, but don't give a second thought to their own animals that come back to them from random people around the country. Forget that nonsense.

What difference is it to you if this makes me lose potential sales? I could provide a current and clear video of the animal eating, being sexed, and looking healthy, as well as possibly a health certificate from the vet prior to posting it for sale. Don't want to buy from someone with no return policy? Great. I don't mind holding on to an animal until the right buyer is found.

There are many benefits to this policy. Primarily, I wouldn't have to introduce your (potentially) contaminated collection to mine. I don't even want it sitting in my QT room. And as an added bonus, this would get rid of the pests who think that it is okay to send animals back for "whatever reason". Those people can take that buyer's remorse elsewhere and waste someone else's time.

Will this work out? Maybe not, but I think I'm going to give it a shot. I might end up altering the TOS on a case-by-case basis for those very reputable people that I wouldn't mind buying from. Who knows. In any case, again, what do you care what other peoples' TOS looks like?