FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Crossing the lines.... Photo Editing, Lighting, Backround color etc.....
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #7
Jeremy Letkey
Unfortunately there is no way to regulate the way an individual represents their animals. I believe that as responsible breeders, we must do our best to try to accurately depict the animal. I will personally never edit a photo for any purpose other than to add a watermark and for size. Some people feel that the only way to get the true colors of an animal is to edit the picture manually. I do not know where the line should be drawn in reference to color and lighting editing so I choose to not edit at all. I almost always try to use something (such as the sharpies) for size and color reference. I take most of my pictures in my reptile room under incandecent(normal bulbs) lighting (most buyers will be viewing the animal in the same conditions). I do my best to be able to represent my animals as they would look if they showed up at your house. I would rather have someone say that the animal looks better in person than to be disapointed. I expect the same of any animals that I see pictures of before I were to recieve them.

Robert this is a good topic, I feel that most of the people that frequent this board would always do their best to represent their animals honestly. I personally have a pretty short list of people that I would purchase animals from. All of them frequent this board.