FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - FedEx shipping quality down the toilet?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #28
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I get those 'expected delivery tomorrow' when it hasn't even shipped yet notices all the time, I've learned to ignore the expected delivery date and just watch the tracking. It's a tad frustrating seeing 'label printed' and no update for multiple days from some sellers, "come on, go drop it off so it can at least get on the way" lol
Bear in mind that "label printed" doesn't mean that the seller has pulled the item you ordered from the shelf, packed it in a box, sealed it, and slapped the label on it. Often sellers have crappy inventory control systems and may not have the item in stock, so the label gets "printed" to a PDF file for later use when the inventory finally does show up at the warehouse.

I have a shopping cart/inventory control system for my business and if the item is not in stock you can not order it. You can put your name on a wish list so you are notified when the item goes back in stock, and then you can order it (assuming everyone else waiting for that item doesn't beat you to it).