FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Do reptiles stink? girlfriend being stubborn...
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #6
GuinnyOne
With smaller snakes/lizards, you probably won't notice an odor. Especially herbivorous lizards. I never know when my uromastyx go. My large male bearded dragon can leave quite a stinker if he has been brewing it for a bit...but wipe it up with toilet paper, and then chlorohexidine and wipe the remainder..you'd never even know it happened.

Don't have too many larger boas, I have a mid-sized ball python, and I never have noticed much of an odor from her.

But if you have a larger lizard (monitors already mentioned), definately a hearty stench. I have adult argentine tegus, and wow, can they leave stinkies. If they ever get fish for a treat, makes it a lot worse...almost makes me gag . But, just clean it up when it happens and in about 20 minutes, you'd never even know that it ever did.

As far as trading the girlfriend in....well, maybe

But, ya never know...she may just fall in love with your snake. And yes, humans do smell worse than reptiles. Course it could be too that she is a rat-hugger...but so am I!!!! hahaha

Well, good luck with the stingey girlie and your snake...

I'm one of those who sits at home (taking care of the human child) while spending all my husband's money...but I don't spend it on gucci bags, I spend it on HERPS. He'd probably rather spend it on remote control cars.