FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Voting ballot form
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
Lucille
Nope, don't agree with y'all. There are several nations which are bilingual, one of the few times I have been out of the U.S. is when my family visited Canada, their language is English and French.
My Grandpa, born in Russia, ran away from the Communists and ended up living in Connecticut, spoke little English but was a hardworking (electrician) taxpaying person. I don't think the description of an American citizen necessarily includes fluency in English.
The Hispanic population is significant in America, I believe one out of every 5 American citizens is Hispanic. I believe we are headed in the direction of being a bilingual English/Spanish speaking country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as heck don't want anyone but a bonafide AMERICAN voting on people who will be placed into positions to have influence over MY life as an American citizen.

I agree. But I think an American who, for instance, speaks Spanish and knows what he is talking about would be a significant improvement over some of the English speaking fools now running the country.