FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Aquatic leo?
Thread: Aquatic leo?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
Leighanne
Well IF and only IF its been to the Vet and tested and its perfectly healthy then you could rule out health problems and then maybe it just likes the water. Some Snakes are only comfortable eating in certain temps just as we all prefer certain temps. Some of us like bath time more then others. Maybe its a part of its special personality? If its healthy you never know?

Out of all nine Leos I have right now my first one Gex LOVES his water dish. He used to have a wider shallow stone water dish he stands in or stands over. Now he has more circular water dish he can't climb into but still likes to stand over top of it all the time. Gex gave me the impression he likes to soak his feet, and no hes NEVER had problems with shed skin not coming off. NEVER had a problem with his toes, so its beyond me why he likes sticking his feet in the water dish and sitting there. He even uses his dishes as pillows. TO cute! The other water dish is now a calcium dish. Its funny because hes right across from my bed and I watch him every night while falling asleep. Leos are kind of crazy. lol He digs at the bottom of the tank and at his paper towels, hes climbed under the paper towels.

My Tarantulas tank is the shelf under him and he saw dirt and a log and tried digging down to it, he looked very intrigued and I sat and watched him for like 20 minutes. The Tarantula was on a totally different side so he wasn't seeing the T just the dirt and log. He tries climbing his glass, he'll bask on anything and everything and in some pretty weird positions, like scrunching himself in between the rock and the glass and laying there looking really comfy and to you it looks really uncomfy. Bottom line is I've seen Geckos do a heck of a lot except for laying on their backs of course. They have a lot of personality. They are very interactive. Emaciated boy has jerked, wiggled and dug at the side of his tupperware hide. So maybe hes special and likes water more then most Leos. I bet that would qualify as some awfully cute pictures!